Monday, September 29, 2014

# 9



Nine down -- seven to go along with about a bazillion little border blocks.   This block was particularly hard for me to design and I do not love it but I will leave it.  I can be very comfortable pulling fabrics for a red or blue or purple block.  But when it comes to greens, yellows, and oranges (not to mention neutrals), it's not as easy for me.  This one will not be a star but I repeatedly tell myself when I'm quilting that not every fabric nor block can always be the center of attention.  And it's done!

This is Kim McLean's Lollypop quilt and if you've read my blog very long, you've been on this journey with me.  And we are only slightly over half way.  YIKES!  I'll give my fingers a day or two to heal and then start another one!

Hoping you are working on something that gives you joy!

Jan

10 comments:

Ramona said...

I love the lollypop quilt! Your block is lovely. Your fussy cutting is spot on! Following your progress on this quilt is enjoyable. Quilt on!

Nann said...

Such a cheerful block!

Mary said...

I love Kim's pattern and I can see why you need to rest your fingers a day or too. Very pretty block.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

Well done. I've loved Kim's patterns for some time now and would love to do one myself some day. I admire you patience and perseverance. I'm sure it will be beautiful when it's done.

dq said...

Jan, this quilt block is amazingly detailed and wonderful to look at! I really like the fabrics you have chosen.

LA Paylor said...

well, there's no rush right? We all need a slow project, a fast project, a finished project and a meeeelion ufo's
LeeAnna at Not afraid of color

Gari in AL said...

Every time you post one of these blocks I have the urge to make it myself. Then I look at all the pieces and think better of it. But I do like each of the blocks you make and wish I could really be on the journey with you.

Quilter Kathy said...

A good life lesson... not every block/day/decision can be a favorite! But I have to say that I love this block :)

Jill said...

Hi there
Just stopped by to let you know that I featured this on my Saturday Spotlight post this week!
Saturday Spotlight
Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great weekend!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

Lynette said...

A Lollipop block! This is such a fun quilt. Good job here - it may not be your favorite, but as you mention, they can't all be stars, and it'll let your favorites shine around it. It's certainly not a shameful lollipop block. :D